Once upon a time there was this little girl who's dream in life was to get married and have a family. She remembers when she was 5 years old how boy crazy she was and how all she wanted out of life was to wear a pretty white dress and go into a giant white castle with a handsome prince and come out and live happily ever after. This little girl remained boy crazy throughout elementary school and junior high and always had a crush on several boys at a time. As she went into high school she was super shy and wasn't super girly and never had the opportunity to date, although she still had crushes on several boys. In fact, she could probably still name every boy that she had a crush on in each grade.
As she graduated high school she thought that surely she would start to date more and be married within just a few years, because that's how it happens in Utah County. After High School she went to the local college and began to have an amazing social life. She grew less shy and was really learning who she was and how to be more social and make more friends. College was a great time in her life she was loving life and having so much fun.
After college she kept the amazing job that had fallen into her lap a couple of years before and began to wonder what she would do with her life. She wasn't married like she thought she would be, and her ultimate goal was to get married and have a family. What should she do now? Of course all she still wanted was her dream from when she was 5. She wanted a husband to love, take care of, and grow old with. She wanted so badly to bring kids into this world and the be on the PTA and to drive them around to whatever sport they wanted to play. She wanted so badly to just be needed. This was a really rough time for her, she knew that it wasn't her time to get married and needed to decide what to do next.
After several months of thinking she decided that she might be able to buy a house and have her money going towards her own mortgage instead of someone else's. She would get roommates to help pay the mortgage so it wasn't so much of a burden. As she thought about it she wondered that if she bought the house she would be giving up on marriage, but she decided that was not the case. She was just trying to make smart decisions so that when prince charming does come along she would be prepared for it. People told her that buying a house on her own was a dumb idea and that it wouldn't work out. She has lived in the house for two years and thinks it is probably one of the best decisions she has made. She is still not married, but still tries to patiently wait for the time to come when she gets to meet her eternal companion and look into the faces of her sweet children. The end. Well... not quite......
This is me. This is who I am and all of these experiences have helped shape me into a better person. There are a lot amazing girls out there who have stories similar to mine. I know several of them and wonder why boys don't see how amazing they are. They are beautiful, smart, pretty, kind, loving, spiritual and have so many other great qualities, but boys don't ask them on dates. Some girls go months or even years without being asked on a single date. Not cool boys. Not cool.
Anyway.... to the thing that brought me on this rant or whatever you want to call it. Tonight I was told by a friend that because I have a car, a house, and a steady job I am "past the point of marriage." Seriously. What the heck? What does that mean? What am I suppose to do with my life? So basically, any girl who decides to live life and not just sit around and wait for a man to come around and sweep her off her feet has given up on marriage?
Okay, so I tried to look at this in another light. Is it because it is intimidating to guys for a girl to be living life and trying to do what she can to improve herself and her situation? Is it because I am so independent in life that I don't need a man because I bought a house on my own, so I don't need a man to work and buy one for me?
Anyway, thats it. Don't take this post as me being depressed and crying over all the things I don't have in life, take it as me being able to be grateful for the things I have and laugh at the things some people say. As hard as it has been for me to get to this point, I have faith in my Heavenly Father and know that He has a plan for me and I just have to TRUST Him. (It takes a lot of work, it is the hardest thing on the planet!
A few more things:
-I don't write very often so please forgive any grammar mistakes I made, I hope to improve as I write more.
-Once again, this post was meant to show how grateful I am for what I have and laugh at the things other people say. Please don't take it as me whining or complaining. Like I said I need to practice my writing to get it to come off the way I want it to. The only way to improve is to start somewhere right?
-I'm not a girl who sits around just wanting to get married. Of course it would be great but I'm not one of those girls who will get married just to get married.
-Life is great! Thanks for reading and I love you all!
- My blog background is driving me crazy! I can't get the pink stuff to go away! Please help me if you know how to fix this! I deleted my whole HTML code for background and replaced it. Tried to change the layout/background on blogspot AND check to make sure no widgets were installed. Please help!
- My blog background is driving me crazy! I can't get the pink stuff to go away! Please help me if you know how to fix this! I deleted my whole HTML code for background and replaced it. Tried to change the layout/background on blogspot AND check to make sure no widgets were installed. Please help!

No comments:
Post a Comment